Advice for Your Bridal Party
by Louise Smith
The Bridal Party is a big part of your wedding. The people you choose can make things easy for you or drive you totally crazy. Here are some tips to help through choosing and dealing with your Bridal Party.
- Don’t rush into choosing your bridal party. Take time to consider each person. Will you still be friends in 10 years? Don’t ask your family or friends to be a bridesmaid until you have considered it carefully. Once you’ve asked, you can’t take it back.
- Don’t be pressured by people around you. If your Mother wants you to have your second cousin in the bridal party, who you hardly ever see, say no. It’s your wedding!
- If you’re making the bridesmaids pay for their own dresses, don’t go over-the-top on budget. This can cause things to get really stressful leading up to the wedding.
- Consider having your bridesmaids in the same fabric, but each in a different style of dress to suit their shape.
- When your bridal party offers to help. Take them up on it. Give each person a task to do, like helping with the invitations or collecting your things after the reception.
- If you’re worried about the best man speech, set some ground rules. State that you don’t want any embarrassing stories and to keep it clean.
- Don’t forget to give the bridal party a gift. It doesn’t need to be over-the-top but it’s a nice gesture.