The Gift of Giving
by Louise Smith
Giving someone the perfect gift, is a great feeling, however it’s not always easily done. Some people are hard to buy for, have everything or are really fussy. It’s also hard when you’re time poor and don’t have hours to spend on searching the shops and websites until something jumps out at you. You don’t always need to spend big to find the perfect gift, but you do need to plan ahead.
Here are some tips to help you become a better gift giver.
- Be organised. Make a note of birthdays, anniversaries, baby showers, weddings and any other big occasions and plot them into a calendar. This may sound like a big effort, but it only needs to be done once a year. Always look to the month ahead and make a list of the presents you need to get, so you have enough time.
- If you’re overseas and shopping at interesting places, always think of any upcoming events you need to buy for.
- Take advantage of the sales, this will save you the big bucks.
- Personalised gifts are always a great option and show that you’ve made an extra effort.
- If you have a baby shower coming up, make sure you search online to see what the latest products are. There are always new innovations and new designs for baby gifts, so make sure you’re in the know.
- Talk to people close to the person you’re buying for to find out what they need or want.
- Anniversary gifts should be extra thoughtful. Try to find something unique, romantic or personalised for extra impact.
Make your gift a memorable one!